Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I'm an ENFJ ... And you?



In early 2000, I was attending Mt. San Antonio College in Walnut, CA and one of the courses I took was: Life Management. In this class I learned about The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment. The MBTI is a tool that you can use when you want an accurate profile of your personality type. This tool was developed in the 1940s by Isabel Briggs Myers and the original research was done in the 1940s and '50s. 


According to Carl G. Jung's theory of psychological types [Jung, 1971], people can be characterized by their preference of general attitude:


* Extraverted (E) vs. Introverted (I),


their preference of one of the two functions of perception:


* Sensing (S) vs. Intuition (N),


their preference of one of the two functions of judging:


* Thinking (T) vs. Feeling (F)

and their judging-perceiving relationship:


* Judging (J) vs. Perceiving (P)


All possible combinations of preferences in the 4 divisions above yield 16 different personality types. Each personality type can be assigned a 4 letter acronym of corresponding combination of preferences:





And once I took the assessment test, I discovered that I'm an ENFJ Personality Type - also known as: The Teacher. ENFJ's account for about 2–5% of the world population. -See? And you think that I'm crazy... I'm unique! LOL! 

These are some of the ENFJs personality type characteristics: 


  • Making others feel valued and important.
  • Quickly seeing the positive and negative aspects of a human situation.
  • Expressing their feelings clearly.
  • Offering loyalty and commitment to partners, family and work mates.
  • Trying to always find the solution which works for everyone
  • Encouraging humor and self expression in others.
  • Finding ways to help others fulfill their needs.
  • Affirming positive community values.
  • Naturally falling into leadership roles within their community. 



ENFJs who have developed their Introverted Intuition can also enjoy these special gifts or as I like to call them: "our magic"


  • Understanding and empathizing with the feelings of others; realizing "where they are coming from".
  • A talent for creative expression which can turn ordinary things and situations into something magical.
  • An enhanced feeling of connection with and sensitivity toward the world around them.
  • The ability to see many facets of a problem and the many ways it might be resolved for the best.
  • The ability to make creative and valuable use of time spent alone.
  • Openness to the spiritual connections between all things.
  • ENFJs become increasingly creative, visionary and empathetic, and are therefore effective and kind managers of businesses, people, and various situations that life presents.



video


Knowing about my personality type has helped me greatly in understanding myself and how I react to many situations. It has also helped me to accept people for who they truly are. I don't try to change anyone! At home, my kids and I live a very harmonious life because we know each other's personality types as well; and, this has helped us understand our communication styles and to structure our family support system.  


My son Reece is an INFJ personality type. Also known as - The Counselor. My son is an "introverted" person. He doesn't like to deal with large crowds. I've heard him say a few times, "I hate people!" when he gets really frustrated. He's very quiet, passive and conservative with strong family values. Traditions are very important for him. 



Rio, Nancy and Sabrina
Now with my daughters Rio and Sabrina, I'm pleased to announce that both of them are also ENFJ Personality Types - This means that they're both just like their Momma! LMAO!!! We are extremely "extroverted" women. I'm the ENFJ who doesn't shut up because I'm constantly motivating others! My daughter is Rio is a walking Judge! She's the ENFJ who's constantly fighting for equality and justice for all! And my daughter Sabrina is the comedian. She's the ENFJ who sees entertainment and making people laugh as the best way to connect with them. I know, you're already feeling sorry for my son Reece. LOL! 



I think that by finding out and understanding our strengths and weaknesses; we could live a peaceful life at home, at our work place, at school; or anywhere for that matter!  I don't believe in going to see a therapist or a psychologist to try to figure out who we really are; when we have all the information accessible to us! 

If you want to find out more about your personality type by taking The Myers–Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment test please click here: The Myers - Briggs Personality Test and have fun discovering your own MAGIC! <3 


Nancy Tiscareno - Super Bond Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment